yres aren’t just round black circles as they appear to be. They are much more than that. As the consumer of this product, you must be well aware of all other attributes related to it. One such thing that we’re talking about here, is the labelling of the tyres. If you’ve ever noticed, tyres have always been labelled for the consumers to get the maximum information about the tyres. The labelling talks about the kind of tyre it is, the size of the tyre and the year of manufacture.
However, with time, even that’s not enough. The ambassadors of the European Union in agreement with the Parliament of Europe decided to set out new rules on the labelling of the tyres. The labels would be in tandem with fuel efficiency, the grip of the tyre on wet roads and the amount of noise created by the tyre. The union hoped that this would provide a clear picture to the consumers regarding the usage of the tyres. Providing such information to the consumers would lead them to buy tyres that provide fuel efficiency and quieter rides. Safety is another factor that needs to be considered while buying Michelin Banden Utrecht tyres.
Tyres create a great impact on the environment. The world is already grappling with global warming and the waste generated by old tyres is just adding up to the woes. However, tyres that reduce fuel consumption can be a great boon for humanity. Such tyres can contribute to reducing the greenhouse effect to quite an extent in the long run. The new regulation has brought in some new changes with lots of benefits. Before we know the changes, let’s know the objectives behind these new regulations.
Objectives of the new regulations
- The EU aims to enhance road safety and information on public health by reducing toxic emissions into the atmosphere.
- It also aims to plummet noise pollution on the roads.
- The regulations aim to educate the customers about fuel-efficient and quiet tyres for their rides.
- The regulations aim to provide its customers with tyres that have low rolling resistance. This means people get to save money on the tyres they buy.
New rules for tyre labelling
- The label design has been revised. It must include snow and ice icons and they should be in harmony with the transnational standards.
- Labels should be very much visible to the consumers. They should be displayed well, even if the tyres are sold online.
- Tyres fitted to trucks and buses must also carry these labels.
- It’s mandatory for the Auto Banden Utrecht tyres to be included in the product database.
- Classes with low fuel efficiency stand deleted in the new regulation so that the scale is easy to understand for the consumers.
- The labels also talk about developing new testing methods for tyres that are re-treaded. Once this is done, the labelling of these tyres will also fall into the scope of new regulations.
- Abrasion of tyres causes pollution in the environment through microplastics. There would be parameters made on mileage and abrasion and provisions would be made for the same. This is going to create a positive impact on the environment.
Creating new labels for the tyres are going to bring a kind of revolution in the tyre industry. The labels will help the consumers in making a discerning and wise decision. By choosing such tyres, people also would be contributing to the planet by making it greener than before.